“Love Your Food, Hate The Waste; Tasting a Greener Future”
Saturday, October 2, 2021: 1PM – 3PM
To ring in the school year and kick off our new theme of “All Things Food”, Green Urban Revitalization is hosting an online workshop for High Shcool Volunteers in the Peel Region and Greater Toronto Area.
Come prepared with a “typical grocery list” from your household, as well as some of your favourite recipes and we will help to teach you to practically reduce your own food waste in your day-to-day lives.
Look forward to topics such as:
– Scrappy Recipes!
– Urban Composting!
– Introduction to Food Injustice and Food Insecurity!
– Sustainable Food Shopping!
At the end of the event, all attendees will earn 2 volunteer hours!
We look forward to seeing you there!
“Dismantle Fast Fashion” Online Workshop”
Saturday, June 26, 2021: 1PM – 3PM
At this event High School Volunteers will learn about the specific greenwashing techniques of stores like Shien, Zara, Fashion Nova, and H&M.
You will also have the opportunity to engage in dynamic conversation and innovative solutions building activities with your peers and GreenUR’s staff!
Earn volunteer hours while you learn how to dismantle the Fast Fashion system!
- How exactly is the consumer negatively affected?
- Where are the production factories located?
- Ethics of production?
- What are their specific greenwashing tactics?
- What exactly can the consumer do to attempt to counteract these efforts?
- What is currently being done to stop this?
- Who profits from their greenwashing?
- Who suffers most?
Look forward to activities such as quizzes and mind-mapping as well as breakout room discussions!
See you soon!
“Co-Design” Online Workshop
Saturday, May 8, 2021: 1PM – 3PM
Calling all High School Students! We are inviting you to join our “co-design” workshop. We want to hear from YOU!
- Meet our dynamic staff!
- Earn volunteer hours!
- Help build a Textile Waste Reduction Program that would be best for you!
- Learn about the Environmental and Educational Non-for-Profit sectors!
- Learn about Microplastics, Textile Waste, and Fast Fashion!
- Engage with fellow youth who are passionate about the environment, textile waste reduction, and the takedown of Fast Fashion!