Are you concerned about environmental issues in your city?
Feeling overwhelmed by the magnitude of the problem?
Unsure how to get involved? No worries!
GreenUR is committed to engaging High School Youth in an Experiential Learning environment to create Innovative Solutions to issues around waste management! When we feel motivated and actually enjoy what we are learning, we feel more hopeful for positive changes in the future! So let’s start with mentally reframing waste management, make it fun, make it engaging, and we CAN change the world, one person at a time!
We at GreenUR pledge to uphold the values of Environmental Sustainability, Inclusivity, Equity, Unity, and Female Empowerment. This pledge means that we promise to:
- Treat all people with dignity and respect
- Speak up against all forms of prejudice, harassment, or abuse on our social media, in our workshops, in our community outreach efforts, and within our team dynamic.
- Use our platform and visibility to push for the improvement of the lives of those around me
- Promote Environmental Organizations that have properly vetted for greenwashing
- Promote Black-run and Asian-run organizations – especially environmentally oriented one’s founded in sustainability and waste reduction
- Promote LBGTQQIP2SAA run organizations – especially environmentally oriented one’s founded in sustainability and waste reduction
- Continue to educate both ourselves and others on current affairs including Environmental Racism, discriminatory laws and policies, police brutality, and unethical and unsafe labour laws especially in the fast Fashion industry.
- Augment to power and status of all women in the entrepreneurial and leadership realm.
- Be transparent on all our platforms, recognize our own mistakes as humans, and lead by example.
- Maintain open and honest communication between the GreenUR team and our audience
- Be open-minded and accepting of critical feedback or suggestions of how to improve our organization.